You can enhance the look of your home’s windows by incorporating additions that accentuate your home’s architectural style. One option that makes a beautiful impact is decorative shutters. Available in a variety of styles and colors, both fixed and functional, shutters provide decorative appeal, allow natural light in and give you privacy when you need it.
Benefits of Exterior Shutters
Installing window shutters can make a visible difference to your home’s exterior and be beneficial in several ways. These include:
- Aesthetic value. Installation of shutters upgrades the exterior of your home, which can result in increased property value.
- Curb appeal. Whether for your own enjoyment or a future homeowner’s, decorative shutters are a marketable addition to any home.
- Protection against inclement weather. When closed, shutters provide protection to window panes from high winds, hail and flying debris during a severe storm.
- Insulation. Shutters also serve as insulation against cold and heat, making your home more energy efficient.
- Security and privacy. Closed shutters can help deter potential intruders and provide privacy.
There are a variety of distinctive shutter styles to choose from. Each style offers different looks, colors, finishes, installation and operational options. These include:
- Louvered shutters feature horizontal slats
- Board and batten shutters feature vertical boards
- Hurricane shutters protect windows during a storm
- Raised panel shutters feature solid panels versus slats
- Bahama-style shutters have a tropical theme with hinged panels at the top versus the sides
- Combination shutters feature louvered slats and raised panels
- Custom shutter designs including cut-outs
While the look of decorative shutters is definitely important, selecting the right material to construct them is an equally important task. Because exterior shutters are subjected to a variety of seasonal elements, you’ll want a material that doesn’t absorb moisture. You’ll also want shutters made with material that requires little to no maintenance. At North Georgia Replacement Windows, our inventory of maintenance-free shutters is available in your choice of materials. These include:
- Premium fiberglass
- Composite wood
- Composite milled PVC
Each of these materials is durable, long-lasting and versatile. We also offer a full line of shutter hardware to compliment the look and functionality of your home’s new decorative shutters.
Whether you’re planning to have decorative shutters installed for the first time or you want to replace and update the look and efficiency of your home’s exterior windows, contact us about our inventory of maintenance-free shutters. From our inventory of well-constructed shutters, you’re sure to find the right style, color and finish that best suits your home.
When it’s time to replace the windows in your home, contact us about our selection of energy-efficient windows. We have a variety of window styles to choose from that will compliment your new shutters with selections from our Infinity from Marvin fiberglass windows inventory.