Here are the top 10 reasons to stay away from vinyl windows:
1. Vinyl windows lose performance over time due to expansion and contraction in extreme climates.
2. Vinyl windows have glazing strips (snapped in parts) that turn black with mold and mildew over time. These parts also separate and eventually fail.
3. Vinyl windows cannot be painted, and factory painted dark colors draw heat that causes problems. You are stuck with the color you pick.
4. Vinyl windows can break down and chalk over time, dulling that shiny plastic it once was.
5. Vinyl windows have lots of fuzzy weather-stripping, different size sashes, tilt latches, limit latches, and multiple locks that look unsightly.
6. Vinyl windows change the look of your home as they do not complement the traditional wood architecture. They look different so you have to replace all your windows.
7. Vinyl windows are thermoplastics which means they are affected by heat and cold. They can warp and also become brittle over time.
8. Vinyl windows have thick, bulky frames so you lose daylight coming into your home, as well as your view outside.
9. Vinyl windows have fusion welded corners that look bad on the interior and exterior of your home.
10. Vinyl windows are cheap. Cheap windows aren't good and good windows aren't cheap. The installation of vinyl windows usually includes covering your exterior trim in metal, which can also be problematic.
To learn more about the Infinity from Marvin fiberglass windows and why they are more reliable than vinyl, give us a call at 770-888-1604 or make an appointment to visit our showroom.