Knowing which replacement window to buy can be difficult. There are many types and styles to choose from, and every seller seems to offer a deal. Sometimes homeowners come up against less-than-reliable customer sales reps that promise them a great price for what turns out to be a not-so-great product. Read on for ways to choose wisely.
Too Good to Be True
We’ve all heard “if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is,” and the world of replacement windows is no different. As in any industry, you’ll find some window companies who are out to make a quick sale, and the deals they offer usually bear closer scrutiny. There are a number of deceptive sales tactics used by unscrupulous window companies that you need to be aware of before you shop. Listed below are some of the most common tactics you may encounter:
- Inflated retail prices that make customers think they are getting an amazing sale price
- High-pressure sales tactics to lure customers in and then an up-sell to a different, more expensive window.
- Quoting prices for a certain window but delivering a lower quality version
- Over-estimated energy efficiency and savings
- Not making buyers aware of the window’s lifespan
You Get What You Pay For
A window that will last as long as your home will not be found on sale at a discount window dealer. Materials and craftsmanship that are top-of-the-line will, by necessity, cost more than a mass-produced window with lower-grade materials that is built for a budget. Fiberglass windows, such as the Infinity from Marvin fiberglass windows, are constructed with a patented material that resists the damaging effects of time and weather. It’s a buying decision that more than pays for itself because the product never needs replacing.
The Value of Great Windows
When calculating the window cost for your home, keep these points in mind about Infinity from Marvin fiberglass windows
- Energy efficient windows help reduce monthly utility costs
- Fiberglass windows do not require painting
- Patented Ultrex fiberglass windows do not rust, chip, rot, warp or peel
- Eligible for federal tax credits
- Enhanced curb appeal
Armed with these tips, you can better shop for replacement windows for your home. For a free estimate, contact North Georgia Replacement Windows today.